Youth Suicide related to Fatherless Homes...
In the US, children from fatherless homes account for:
- 63% of youth suicides (Source: US Dept of Health and Human Services, Bureau of Census)
- 71% of pregnant teenagers (Source: US Dept of Health and Human Services)
- 90% of all homeless and runaway children
- 70% of juveniles in state-operated institutions come from fatherless homes (Source: US Dept of Justice, Special Report, Sept. 1988)
- 85% of all children that exhibit behavioural disorders (Source: Centre for Disease Control)
- 80% of rapists motivated with displaced anger (Source: Criminal Justice and Behaviour, Vol 14, p 403-26, 1978).
- 71% of all high school dropouts (Source: National Principals Association Report on the State of High Schools)
- 75% of all adolescent patients in chemical abuse centres (Source: Rainbows for All God’s Children)
- 85% of all youth sitting in prisons (Source: Fulton Co. Georgia, Jail Populations, Texas Dept. of Corrections 1992)